Pool Corporation, incorporated in the state of Delaware under the number 2366004 and whose headquarters is located at 109 Northpark Boulevard, Covington, Louisiana, United States (“PoolCorp” or “we”) understand that you are concerned about privacy. We have therefore posted this Privacy and Cookies Policy to let you know what kind of personal information we collect, how it is handled, and with whom it may be shared.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to the processing of personal information of customers and website visitors carried out by PoolCorp as the data controller, including on the www.poolcorp.com website and other related websites that we have linked to this Privacy and Cookies Policy (collectively “Websites”). Processing by other affiliated entities or third parties may be governed by separate privacy policies, and we recommend that you review the privacy policies of those websites.
These Websites are intended for users in the United States and are not intended for users in other locations. If you are a user residing in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, please visit our affiliates’ websites in your respective home country.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that by using our services and Websites, you may be transferring your personal information to a country that does not have the same data protection laws as your home country.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at privacy@POOLCORP.com.
I. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect various types of "personal information" depending on how you use our services and Websites.
If you are a customer, we may collect online and/or offline your name, email address, mailing and shipping addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card information. If you are a website visitor, we may collect your name, company name, email address, address, phone number, and your areas of interest. If you begin or complete a job application, we may collect your name, address, phone number, and other information.
If you are a past or present employee of PoolCorp who is based in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, PoolCorp may collect certain personal information in the context of your employment with PoolCorp. Such data includes employee names, addresses, phone numbers, and possible other contact details, employment and academic history, and other professional, economic, and employment details (“Human Resources Data”). Human Resources Data may be transferred to and processed by Pool Corporation, the PoolCorp parent company located in the United States, for purposes of administration and communication, and to comply with labor law requirements.
We process personal information for the following purposes:
|Purpose of the processing||Legal basis|
|Processing orders (including collecting payment and sending invoices)||Performance of our agreement with you|
|Delivering products/services||Performance of our agreement with you|
|Responding to inquiries||Our legitimate interest, which is the proper functioning of our commercial activity|
|Management of customer purchases and accounts||Our legitimate interest, which is the proper functioning of our commercial activity|
|Sending marketing materials (including offers and other information we feel may be of interest to you)||Your consent|
|Administration of contests and surveys||Your consent|
|Processing job applications and Human Resources Data for purposes of administration and communication, and to comply with labor law requirements||Our legitimate interest, which is the proper functioning of our commercial activity|
If you are a past or present customer or Website user who is based in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, Pool Corporation, the PoolCorp parent company located in the United States, may access your personal information that is stored on servers based in the European Union in order to support customer inquiries, manage centralized records of customer purchases and accounts, and provide maintenance or technical support for the servers which house such personal information.
We believe the risk to your data protection rights in connection with personal information that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests is not excessive or overly intrusive. We have also put in place protections for your rights by ensuring proper retention periods and security controls.
If you choose not to give us personal information, we may not be able to provide you with any services you may request or require, or enter into a contract with you.
Other Information Collected
When you use our Websites, we may also collect information that, by itself, cannot be used to directly identify or contact you, such as demographic information or technical information (such as the type of browser you are using, and the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after you visit our Websites). Such information may also include information that you provide us through your use of our Websites, such as the terms you enter into the search functions of our Websites. This information helps us evaluate consumer trends and usage related to our Websites and allows us to improve our Website content and offerings accordingly.
II. How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with the companies of our group which are:
- SCP Distributors LLC (United States)
- Alliance Trading, Inc. (United States)
- Cypress, Inc. (United States)
- Superior Commerce LLC (United States)
- Superior Pool Products LLC (United States)
- Splash Holdings, Inc. (United States)
- SCP International, Inc. (United States)
- Pool Development LLC (United States)
- Horizon Distributors, Inc. (United States)
- Poolfx Supply LLC (United States)
- Pool Distributors Colombia SAS (Colombia)
- SCP Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- SCP Pool B.V. (Netherlands)
- SCP Distributors Canada Inc. (Canada)
- SCP Europe SAS (France)
- SCP France SAS (France)
- SCP Germany GmbH (Germany)
- SCP Benelux SA (Belgium)
- SCP Italy S.r.l. (Italy)
- SCP (UK) Holdings Limited (United Kingdom)
- SCP (UK) Limited (United Kingdom)
- SCP Pool Distributors Spain S.L.U. (Spain)
- SCP Pool Portugal LDA (Portugal)
- Pool Systems Pty. Ltd (Australia)
- Niagara Pool Pty Ltd (Australia)
- New Star Holdings Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Bundalo Pty. Ltd. (d/b/a Newline Pool Products) (Australia)
- SCP Adriatica, d.i.i. (Croatia)
- Kripsol Intermark Málaga, S.L. (Spain)
We may also share your personal information with other third parties listed below on an exception basis. In addition, please note that we may disclose aggregate information, such as demographic information and our statistical analyses, to third parties, including advertisers or other business partners. This aggregate information does not include your personal information.
We may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for us. When we work with an outside party, we require that these parties agree to process your personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy and applicable laws. We will take appropriate steps designed to ensure your information will be used solely to provide the services requested by us, and not for other purposes.
We may buy, sell or combine with other businesses. If so, personal information that we or other businesses have collected may be transferred as part of the transaction, subject to applicable law.
We may disclose your personal information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose personal information in order to enforce or apply our rights and agreements, or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of our businesses, our Websites, our customers, our users, or others, as permitted under the applicable laws, or as otherwise required by law or by government and regulatory entities. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
III. Retention Period
It is our policy to retain your personal information for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected as detailed below:
|Purpose of the processing||Applicable maximum retention period|
|Process orders (including collecting payment and sending invoices)||10 years after completion of the order|
|Deliver products/services,||5 years after completion of the order|
|Respond to inquiries||3 years after the inquiries is closed|
|Management of customer purchases and accounts||5 years after closure of the account|
|Sending or marketing materials (including offers and other information we feel may be of interest to you)||3 years after the end of our commercial relationship|
|Administration of contests and surveys||5 years after the end of the contests or survey|
While we continue to process your personal information, we will ensure that it is processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. Otherwise, we securely erase or anonymize your personal information once it is no longer needed.
IV. Security of the Information We Collect
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure the personal information we collect.
There is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. If we forward your personal information to any third party, we require that the third parties have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to comply with this Privacy and Cookies Policy and applicable laws.
V. Children’s Privacy
It is our policy not to knowingly collect personal information from children, and therefore we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties or otherwise process such information. If you are a parent/guardian and you suspect that your child may have submitted personal information to us, please send us an email at privacy@POOLCORP.com. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will strive to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
VI. Your Rights
The following section explains your rights that you may exercise. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions.
- The right of access – You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is being processed by us, and about certain other information (similar to that provided in this policy) about how it is used. You also have the right to access your personal information, by requesting a copy of the personal information concerning you. This is so you are aware and can check that we are using your information in accordance with data protection law. We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal data about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person's rights.
- The right to rectification – You can ask us to take measures to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete (e.g., if we have the wrong name or address for you).
- The right to erasure – This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where, for example, there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is however not a general right to erasure and there are some exceptions, e.g., where we need to use the information in defense of a legal claim or to be able to comply with a legal obligation.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organizations (being separate data controllers). This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent and for the purposes of contract fulfillment, which is being processed by automated means. In such a case we will provide you with a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or (where technically feasible) we may transmit your data directly to a separate data controller.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of our legitimate interests. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If you object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent – Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that occurred prior to such withdrawal.
- The right to provide us with directives regarding the use of your personal information after your death – In certain cases, you have the right to provide us with instructions on the management (e.g., retention, erasure and disclosure) of your personal information after your death. You can change or revoke your instructions at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint – If you believe that we do not comply with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint before any competent data protection authority.
You may contact us at any time at privacy@POOLCORP.com to exercise these rights.
When you visit or interact with our Websites, we (or our third-party providers) may use "cookies" or other similar technologies to personalize and enhance your experience. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Cookies are used to make our Websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide data to the Website owners. Our Websites use required cookies, functional cookies, and analytics and performance cookies.
Except for technical cookies, in some cases the storing of cookies on the device of a visitor requires consent. By continuing browsing the website after having seen the cookies banner displayed on the home page of the website, the visitor consents to the storing of cookies on his/her device. Where such consent is required, this consent is valid for a period of 13 months.
Required cookies enable you to move from page to page and to use features on our Websites while your browser remains open. For example, required cookies allow you to add products to your shopping cart and carry the contents of your cart to checkout.
Functional cookies last from visit to visit. For example, functional cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user to provide a more personalized experience. They are stored in your computer, device, or browser until you choose to delete them.
Analytics and performance cookies allow us to collect data concerning the Websites, including the number of visitors, where the visitors have come from, and the length of time visitors spend on the Websites, which allows us or third-party providers to analyze how our Websites are used and how our Websites are performing. We use the following third-party providers for analytics and performance tracking, and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their cookies by clicking on the appropriate link below:
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Our Websites also use “social buttons” to enable users to share or bookmark web pages to third-party social media sites. You can learn more about the privacy policies of these third-party sites and how to opt-out of their cookies by clicking on the appropriate link below:
The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent this. If for any reason you decide that you do not like our use of certain cookies, you can simply change your settings. However, if you do so, some functionality of our Websites may be lost. The setting of each browser is different. It is described in the browser's help menu.
- ✓ Click the access Menu button and then choose "Options"
- ✓ Choose "Privacy & Security"
- ✓ Set the History Section on "Use custom settings for History"
- ✓ Uncheck the box "Accept cookies from websites".
- ✓ All changes you have made will be automatically saved.
» Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-7
- ✓ Select the Tool button, then Internet Options.
- ✓ Select Privacy Tab, and then under Settings, move the cursor to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow cookies, then click on OK.
» Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- ✓ Select the Chrome menu icon.
- ✓ Click on "Settings".
- ✓ At the bottom, click on "Advanced".
- ✓ Under "Privacy and security," click on "Content settings".
- ✓ Click on "Cookies".
- ✓ Turn "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" on or off.
- ✓ Click on "Settings" > "Safari" > "Privacy" > "Cookies and website data"
- ✓ Then select "always block cookies".
To change your cookie preferences, .
VIII. Privacy Shield
Pool Corporation’s accountability for personal information that it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Pool Corporation remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third parties engaged by Pool Corporation process the personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Pool Corporation proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to any damage.
As further explained in the “How to Contact Us” section below, Pool Corporation encourages any individual to contact us should they have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) complaint. Any right of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of the processing as well as the right to data portability of individuals domiciled in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland may be exercised under the conditions set forth in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) by contacting us at: privacy@POOLCORP.com. Furthermore, these individuals will have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority at any time.
IX. How to Contact Us
If you are a past or present employee of Pool Corporation in the European Union, European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, Pool Corporation has also chosen to cooperate with and comply with the advice of EU data protection authorities (DPAs) in relation to such unresolved complaints (as further described in the Privacy Shield Principles). Please contact us to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy and Cookies Policy at any time, and will post any changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy as soon as they go into effect. Please refer back to this Privacy and Cookies Policy on a regular basis. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated May 15, 2019.
We welcome any feedback or questions you may have about this Privacy and Cookies Policy. If for any reason you wish to contact us, please send us an email at privacy@POOLCORP.com or send us a letter at 109 Northpark Boulevard, Covington, Louisiana, United States.